DAILY BIBLE READING
Read today's >
DAILY BIBLE READING
Read today's >
The following REVIVAL PRAYER LIST was given to the Saints in China during the 1930s. God used it to bring a mighty revival in their midst. Christians began to live in victory, the lost were saved, the sick were healed and the dead raised to life as people began to live for Jesus. OUR PRAYER IS THAT GOD WOULD TOUCH YOUR HEART AND PREPARE YOU TO ESCAPE THE COMING JUDGMENT AS YOU MEDITATE ON THIS LIST.
PREPARING YOUR HEART FOR PRAYER AND PERSONAL REVIVAL
“Search me, O God and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psa. 139: 23-24).
CONFESSION OF SIN IS NECESSARY FOR FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD AND REVIVAL AMONG GOD’S PEOPLE. Prayerfully consider the following questions. Go through the questions one by one. Answer each question truthfully. Every “yes” answer means sin in your life.
IN READING THESE QUESTIONS, AS YOU ARE CONVICTED OF SIN, CONFESS IT AT ONCE TO GOD, BE WILLING TO MAKE IT RIGHT... THEN YOU CAN CLAIM CLEANSING and forgiveness.“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1Jn 1:9).
BE SURE TO NAME YOUR SIN TO GOD, AS... “LORD, I HAVE NOT PUT YOU FIRST IN MY PLANS,” OR “I HAVE NEGLECTED YOUR WORK AND PRAYER.” DO NOT MAKE THE LEAST EXCUSE FOR SIN OF ANY KIND IN YOUR LIFE. “He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy” (Prov. 28:13).
No matter what others do or do not do, Christian, leave nothing undone on your part. God wants to work through you to bring about a great spiritual awakening. He can begin by your fulfilling every requirement shown by the Lord through the Holy Spirit and His Word. A revival from the presence of the Lord begins today, IF YOU DESIRE IT. Read the scriptures first, ask the question and give a truthful answer...“YES” or “NO.”
1. Matthew 6:12-15. Is there anyone against whom you hold a grudge? Anyone you haven’t forgiven? Anyone you hate? Anyone you do not love? Are there any misunderstandings that you are unwilling to forget? Is there any person against whom you are harboring bitterness, resentment or jealousy? Anyone you dislike to hear praised or well spoken of? Do you allow anything to justify a wrong attitude toward another?
2. Matthew 6:33. Is there anything in which you have failed to put God first? Have your decisions been made after your own wisdom and desires rather than by seeking and following God’s will? Do any of the following in any way interfere with your surrender and service to God: ambition, pleasures, loved ones, friendships, desire for recognition, money, your own plans?
3. Mark 1:17. Have you failed to seek the lost for Christ? Have you failed to witness consistently with your mouth for the Lord Jesus Christ? Has your life not shown the Lord Jesus to the lost?
4. John 13:35. Are you secretly pleased over the misfortunes of another? Are you secretly annoyed over the accomplishments or advancements of another? Are you guilty of any contention or strife? Do you quarrel, argue or engage in heated discussions? Are you a partner in any divisions or party spirit? Are there people whom you deliberately slight?
5. Malachi 3:10. Have you robbed God by withholding His due of time, talents and money? Have you given less than a tenth of your income for God’s work? Have you failed to support mission work either in prayer or in offerings?
6. 1Corinthians 4:2. Are you undependable so that you cannot be trusted with responsibilities in the Lord’s work? Are you allowing your emotions to be stirred for things of the Lord but doing nothing about it?
7. 1Corinthians 6:12-20. Are you in any way careless with your body? Do you fail to care for it as the temple of the Holy Spirit? Are you guilty of intemperance in eating or drinking? Do you have any habits which are defiling to the body?
8. 1Corinthians 10:31. Do you take the slightest credit for anything good about you rather than give all the glory to God? Do you talk of what you have done rather than of what Christ has done? Are your statements mostly about “I”? Are your feelings easily hurt? Have you made a pretense of being something that you are not?
9. Ephesians 3:20. Are you self-conscious rather than Christ conscious? Do you allow feelings of inferiority to keep you from attempting things you should in serving the Lord?
10. Ephesians 4:28. Do you underpay? Do you do very little in your work? Have you been careless in the payment of your debts? Have you sought to evade payment of debts? Do you waste time of others?
11. Ephesians 4:31. Do you complain? Do you find fault? Do you have a critical attitude toward any person or thing? Are you irritable or cranky? Do you ever carry hidden anger? Do you get angry? Do you become impatient with others? Are you ever harsh or unkind?
12. Ephesians 5:20. Have you neglected to thank Him for all things, the seemingly bad as well as the good? Have you virtually called God a liar by doubting His Word? Do you worry? Is your spiritual temperature based on your feelings instead of on the facts of God’s Word?
13. Ephesians 5:15. Do you listen to unedifying radio or TV programs? Do you read unworthy magazines? Do you partake in worldly amusements? Do you find it necessary to seek satisfaction from any questionable source? Are you doing certain things that show that you are not satisfied in the Lord Jesus Christ?
14. Philippians 1:21. Are you taken up with the cares of this life? Is your conversation or heart joy over “things” rather than the Lord and His Word? Does anything mean more to you than living for pleasing Christ?
15. Philippians 2:14. Do you ever, by word or deed, seek to hurt someone? Do you ever gossip? Do you speak unkindly concerning people when they are not present? Do you carry prejudice against true Christians because they are of some different group than you are or because they do not see everything exactly like you do?
16. Philippians 4:4. Have you neglected to seek to be pleasing to Him in all things? Do you carry any bitterness toward God? Have you complained against Him in any way? Have you been dissatisfied with His provisions for you? Is there in your heart any unwillingness to obey God fully?
17. Colossians 3:5-9. Do you engage in empty and unprofitable conversation? Do you ever lie? Do you ever exaggerate? Cheat? Steal? Carefully consider... Do you overcharge?
18. 2Timothy 2:22. Do you have any personal habits that are not pure? Do you ever allow impure thoughts about the opposite gender to stay in your mind? Do you read that which is impure or suggests unholy things? Do you indulge in any unclean entertainment? Are you guilty of the lustful look?
19. Hebrews 10:25. Do you stay away from meetings of the preaching of the gospel? Do you whisper or think about other things while God’s Word is being read? Do you neglect to attend or participate in meetings of prayer? Have you neglected or slighted daily or private prayer? Have you neglected God’s Word? Do you find the Bible and prayer boring? Have you neglected thanksgiving at meals?
20. Hebrews 13:17. Do you hesitate to submit to leaders in the church or elsewhere? Are you lazy? Do you rebel at requests given you to help in the work of the gospel? Do you in any way have a stubborn or unteachable spirit?
21. James 1:27. Have you allowed yourself to become “spotted” by the world? Is your manner of dress pleasing to God? Do you spend beyond what is pleasing to God on anything? Do you neglect to pray about things that you buy?
22. James 4:6. Do you feel that you are doing quite well as a Christian? That you are not so bad? That you are good enough? Are you stubborn? Do you insist on having your own way? Do you insist on your rights?
23. James 4:11. Have you dishonored God and hindered His work by criticizing His servants? Have you failed to pray regularly for brethren or spiritual leaders? Do you find it hard to be corrected? Is there rebellion toward one who wants to restore you? Are you more concerned about what people think than what will please God?