I looked into these things for myself, but thought I would share them with each of you. God, in His Mercy, has offered us Blessings beyond belief if we love and obey Him, and “curses” or discipline if we allow or participate in any of the following. What wonderful measures He will go to help us see ourselves accurately—that we would turn towards Him!!!
He brings “curses” or intervention from Heaven upon those that are...
1. Being seduced by the desire to “be somebody,” be “in the know,” or to allow some knowledge about God to replace God Himself as Interpreter of all Truth on a real-time basis (Gen. 3; Acts 10:11-15; Mk. 2:24-28).
2. Selfishly pursuing our own agendas, rather than abandoning ourselves into what GOD is after in His People and in the world (Hag. 1).
3. Envying our brothers, not caring for their needs as “our brother’s keeper,” harming them (Gen. 4).
4. Evil thoughts and violence, self-indulgent lifestyle (Gen. 5-6).
5. Enemies of God’s Purposes and His People (Gen. 12:3, 27:29).
6. Disobedience to God (Deut. 11:26-28, 28:15-45).
7. A person who, in self-confident independence and seared conscience, goes his own way (Deut. 29:19-20).
8. Those that persecute God’s People (Deut. 30:7).
9. Deceiving others (Jos. 9:23).
10. Making fun of a bald man (2Kings 2:23-24).
11. Giving our children to marry those that are not truly of God (Neh. 10).
12. Closing our eyes to the needs of others (Prov. 28:27).
13. Those that have interest in alcohol (Isa. 5:11).
14. Those who call Good evil and evil good (Isa. 5:20).
15. Those that are clever in their own sight (Isa. 5:21).
16. Those that make unfair laws and deprive the needy (Isa. 10:1-2).
17. Those that make plans against God’s People and think that it is not seen by God (Isa. 29:13-15, 30:1; Lam. 3:60-66; Mic. 2:1).
18. Those that trust in physical strength, physical beauty, intellect, power, money, alliances with men, technology... rather than God (Isa. 31:1).
19. He who quarrels with God (Isa. 45:9).
20. Stubbornness (Jer. 11:8).
21. Self-indulgence and lust (Jer. 13:27; Hab. 2:15).
22. Paying workers in an unfair manner (Jer. 22:13).
23. Those that are supposed to be shepherding God’s Flock, changing lives, curing illness, binding wounds, protecting from wolves, and are instead self-serving and isolated (Jer. 23:1; Eze. 34).
24. Seeking great things for yourself (Jer. 45).
25. One who is lazy in doing God’s Work and will not be violently about representing God (Jer. 48:10; 1Cor. 9:16).
26. Worthless prophets who see nothing, but talk on anyway (Eze. 13:3).
27. Those who sell religion and mix with the world system and ways (Eze. 16:23).
28. Those that are complacent and satisfied with less than God is satisfied with (Amos 6:1).
29. Those who hate authority and will not be corrected (Zep. 3:1-2).
30. Those who will not give God the first 10% of their income (Mal. 3:9-10).
31. Those that will not believe the signs God gives them from Heaven (Mat. 11:21).
32. Those that are leaders in the religious world, but will not permit the lambs to find God’s Truth (Mat. 23:13).
33. Those that do the outwardly religious things, but do not practice justice, mercy, and faithfulness (Mat. 23:23).
34. Those that are religious on the outside, but their lives are rotted by greed and self-indulgence (Mat. 23:25-27).
35. A person that leads another “little one” into sin (Lk. 17:1).
36. Anyone who doesn’t truly love Jesus from the heart (1Cor. 16:22).
37. Those that rely on doing good works or earning God’s Pleasure, rather than relying on Christ’s obedience and cross (Gal. 3:10-13).
38. Those that are envious of their brothers and will not take responsibility for caring for them, those that do their “ministry” for hire, and those that will not respect authority in the church and say, “We have the Holy Spirit too” (Jude 11).