When Kevin was talking about our minds being as peaceful as a tranquil lake, it reminded me of this piece of encouragement.... (cl)
PEACE I leave with you; My Peace I give to you. Not as the world gives, do I give to you! (Jn. 14:27).
THE SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously, rather than from fears based on past experience.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. A loss of interest in judging self.
4. A loss of interest in judging others.
5. A loss of interest in conflict.
6. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
7. A loss of ability to worry (this is a very serious symptom).
8. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9. Contented feelings of connectedness with God and others.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
11. Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
12. An Increasing tendency to let God control things rather than to “make them happen.”
“And the Peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus, The Anointed One.”